2018 is almost here! We’ve have a lot of changes and things we need like rain and turn around weather. And things we don’t, like floods and fires and hurricanes.
The coming year is going to give us a fresh start, to plant and grow and create great things.
How are you going to get ready and celebrate?
Display your work in our new exhibit.
Exhibit Dates and Location: January 3, through March 4, 2018
The Hub Community Center for the Arts
350 Georgia St. (Corner of Georgia and Marin)
Vallejo, CA 94590
Work Media: All media accepted. (Paintings, drawings, sculpture, 3D art, photography…)
Available wall space: Approximately 7×7 feet
Work Size: Max size: wall art 6×6 ft. Sculpture 50 pounds
Entry Requirements (Application): *
1. Cover letter describing exhibition proposal, including email and phone.
2. Up to ten (10) digital images via email is preferred. Images should be presented in JPEG format, 4″x6” image size, approximately, with Title, Dimensions, Media and Price information for each.
3. Artist biography/statement, including (but not limited to) educational background, experience, vision and direction.
4. Use our application, found on our website, application (preferred) or send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Entry Applications Due: Any time, but no later than December 27, 2018. Entries will be considered on a “first come, first served” basis and subject to space limitations.
Reception: Informal reception may be held in January. (TBA)
Deliver/Drop-off Artwork Deadline: Monday December 27-31st, 12 noon – 4pm
Work may be dropped off before this date by appointment only.
Selection Process: The Hub is dedicated to local artists and gallery space is limited; therefore, accepted work will be on a first come first served basis with local artists’ work as first consideration. “Local artists” are defined as artists from the Vallejo, Benicia, and American Canyon area, then extended to Solano County and beyond. A standby list will be maintained in the event that an accepted artist is unable to participate.
Exhibition Fees: $40 per exhibit or 16 hours of volunteer time per exhibit.
Notification to artist: Email notification will be the preferred method, otherwise via phone.
• All works submitted must be ready to display properly and securely, (i.e. ready to hang with wire attached on the back).
• All works must have the title, artist’s name, dimensions, media, contact # and price on the back or other appropriate location that would not show (i.e. bottom of a sculpture).
• All artists must have a current gallery agreement and liability release completed by the deliver/drop-off date.*
• All artists must provide a personal bio by the entry date*. (8×10 typed – 10 pt.)
• All art will be hung and taken down by the curator and crew, only.
• Art that is sold will be surrendered to the customer at the time of sale, or may remain on exhibit to end of show.
Exhibit or Event Ends: March 4, 2018
Pickup Artwork by: All work will be removed and ready for pickup on Tuesday, March 6, 2018. Storage space is limited at the Hub. All work must be picked up by March 11, 2018.
Sales: Sales of work are on a commission basis and specifics are defined in the Artist Agreement. Shipping or special packaging is the responsibility of the Artist.
For more information please contact the Hub’s Curators by visiting us at the Hub, or via email email@example.com.
Leave a message on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thehubvallejo.
1The Hub is a general public, family friendly, non-partisan organization. All subject matter should take these parameters into consideration.
* Incomplete entry requirements by the due date may result in your work being refused for this exhibit.