Spring Into Art!
Show Us What You’ve Got!!
Spring is coming and it’s time to shine. Show us what you’ve been creating and what you want to create and express through your art. All types of original art will be considered and welcome.1
Exhibit Dates and Location: April 12 through June 4, 2017
The Hub Community Center for the Arts
350 Georgia St. (Corner of Georgia and Marin)
Vallejo, CA 94590
Work Media: All media accepted.
Available wall space: 7 x 7 feet
Work Size: Max size: wall art 6×6 ft. Sculpture 50 lbs
Entry Requirements: Per exhibit $40 or 16 hours of volunteer work.
- Cover letter describing exhibition proposal, including email and phone
- Up to ten (10) digital images via email is preferred. Images should be presented in JPEG format, 4x 6” image size, approximately, with Title, Dimensions, Media and Price information for each.
- Artist biography/statement, including (but not limited to) educational background, experience, vision and direction.
- Use our application, found on our website, thehubvallejo.com, www.thehubvallejo.com/hub-exhibit-sign-up-form/ (preferred) or send the above information to email@example.com.
Entries Due: Any time, but no later than April 6, 2017. Entries will be considered on a “first come, first served” basis and subject to space limitations.
Deliver/Drop-off Artwork Dates: Monday, April 9, 2017 from noon – 4pm. Work may be dropped off before this date by appointment only.
Selection Process: The Hub is dedicated to local artists and gallery space is limited; therefore, accepted work will be on a first come first served basis with local artists’ work as first consideration. “Local artists” are defined as artists from the Vallejo, Benicia, and American Canyon area, then extended Solano & County areas and beyond. A standby list will be maintained in the event that an accepted artist is unable to participate.
Notification to artist: Email notification will be the preferred method, otherwise via phone.
- All works submitted must be ready to display properly and securely, (i.e. ready to hang with wire attached on the back).
- All works must have the title, artist’s name, dimensions, media, contact # and price on the back or other appropriate location that would not show (i.e. bottom of a sculpture).
- All artists must have a current gallery agreement and liability release completed by the deliver/drop-off date.*
- All artists must provide a personal bio by the entry date*. (8×10 typed, no less than 10 pt.)
- All art will be hung and taken down by the curator and crew, only.
- Art that is sold will be surrendered to the customer at the time of sale, or may remain on exhibit to end of show.
Reception: Informal reception may be mid April or May. (or TBA)
Exhibit or Event Ends: May 4, 2017
Pickup Artwork by: All work will be removed and ready for pickup on Tuesday, May 6, 2017. Storage space is limited at the Hub. All work must be picked up by May 11, 2017.
Sales: Sales of work are on a commission basis and specifics are defined in the Artist Agreement. Shipping or special packaging is the responsibility of the Artist.
For more information please contact the Hub Curators by visiting us at the Hub, or via email: , or
leave a message on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thehubvallejo
* Incomplete entry requirements by the due dates may result in your work being refused for this exhibit.
1The Hub is a general public, family friendly, non-partisan organization. All subject matter should take these parameters into consideration.
Apply for “the next Exhibit” by email to .